LAST WEEKS SOLO GIG

The Phillip clarke solo piece was well received at The Red Rose on the 7th June Free Radicals night.Phillip Clarke arrived with another 10 pages of graphic score to add to the other 67 pages he had already given me.In order to do the piece justice I needed heaps of percussion gear plus two different loop boxes.Steve Lawson kindly leant his spare Akai Headrush looper to add to my regular Roland RC20 loop station.I also had a trumpet, Soprano Sax and a Yamaha wx7 wind synth through a Virus access module.I ran everything through two Amps placed on either side of the stage.But kept one for mainly percussion like Cajon,Marimbula and mountains of various strange objects,the other amp I used for everything else.The piece ran for 45 intense minutes that was pretty exhausting, 3 music stands littered around that I either ran or walked to in order to play or change pages. The second half was a real joy with Steve Beresford on assorted objects and Alex Ward on Clarinet. lots of lovely musical discussion and the audience were well inside the music with us.So a good well received night was had by all..I hope to perform phillips music again later in the year.Definetly would like to do the trio again as it was exciting and different.........

Comments

Popular Posts